This post is overdue. I mean long overdue. I intended to write about it long back in last summer. I tried it for the first time when I actually got very health conscious and started gymming and sipping on healthy beverages. Green tea is considered one of the world’s healthiest drinks and contains one of the highest amount of antioxidants of any tea. Believe me! I’m sipping on green tea since two long years now and I have lost all those extra kg’s. As green tea also contains a lot of detoxifying agents, it can be the next big break through in acne treatment. Let me tell you a few more benefits of green tea in short.
Benefits of Green Tea
- Weight Loss: Green tea increases the metabolism. The polyphenol found in green tea works to intensify levels of fat oxidation and the rate at which your body turns food into calories.
- Diabetes; Green tea apparently helps regulate glucose levels slowing the rise of blood sugar after eating.
- Heart Disease: Scientists think, green tea works on the lining of blood vessels, helping keep them stay relaxed and better able to withstand changes in blood pressure. It may also protect against the formation of clots, which arethe primary cause of heart attacks.
- Cholesterol: Green tea reduces bad cholesterol in the blood and improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol.
- Tooth Decay: Studies suggests that the chemical antioxidant “catechin” in tea can destroy bacteria and viruses that causethroat infections, dental caries and other dental conditions.
- Depression: Theanine is a substance that is thought to provide a relaxing and tranquilizing effect and be a great benefit to tea drinkers. This substance is naturally found in tea leaves.
- Skincare: Green tea can apparently also help with wrinkles and the signs of aging, This is because of their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory activities.
These are the few benefits of green tea which might encourage you to sip on some green tea in your daily routine.
Tip: Sip on some green tea before going to bed. (Works great) !
For best Green Tea in Ahmedabad, I would recommend Varietea (Prahladnagar).